“Records Retention Scheduling” – iSchool RM Certificate Course — May 1, 2014 — Toronto
This is the second course I will be teaching this spring in the University of Toronto’s iSchool Institute ‘s Records Management Fundamentals certificate program. Here is the course description from the iSchool Institute website:
[framed_box width=”90%” bgColor=”#FCECFF” align=”center”]
This course introduces the benefits of records retention schedules, identifies the value(s) a record series may possess, presents a recommended process for scheduling retention periods, and identifies records retention and disposition processes including “legal holds”. This course also addresses the importance of securing compliance with approved retention periods. Upon completion students will be able to:
- Describe the benefits of a records retention schedule.
- Plan the development of a retention schedule.
- Appraise the value(s) of a record series.
- Identify records retention and disposition processes.
- Explain the importance of retention schedule compliance.