Copyright © 2012-2021 The Ergo Group Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Technology Evaluation and Implementation
We provide independent expertise and advice in evaluating, selecting and implementing IM technologies. In addition to helping you understand and plan for the technologies themselves, we can help manage change and any process issues that arise during implementation.
We provide product and vendor independent expertise and assistance to organizations who are evaluating, purchasing and implementing technologies related to information management, such as
- Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems
- Electronic Document and Records Management Systems (EDRMS)
- Microsoft 365 (M365)
- imaging/document management systems
- e-mail archiving, etc.
Successful technology implementations require an holistic approach that involves not just hardware and software, but the kinds of structures, business processes and tools we offer with our program development services, as well as the training, engagement and change management assistance we provide with our program implementation services.
Successfully implementing new IM technology requires managing your processes and people as well as the technology infrastructure itself. Ergo can assist throughout the process, from initial business case development to planning for implementation. We can assist in six major areas:
- Building the business case for IM technology implementation
- Identifying and rating functional requirements
- Writing procurement documents such as a Request for Proposal (RFP)
- Advising on the selection of a vendor (we’re always a neutral advisor during the selection process)
- Preparing for IM technology implementation by developing (or updating) your IM infrastructure, including such areas as IM policies, metadata schema, retention rules and operational procedures (e.g. imaging quality assurance, etc.)
- Planning for IM technology implementation through the development of employee communications, and the development and delivery of training in the non-technological requirements for managing recorded information (we leave training in the nuts and bolts of how the selected application works to the software vendor)