Records Inventory – University of Toronto – January 27, 2015
I will be teaching this course as part of University of Toronto’s Certificate in Records Management Fundamentals. Note that this course and the certificate is identical to previous years, but instead of being offered by the U of T iSchool Institute, it is now part of the School of Continuing Studies. More information regarding this change can be found in this blog post.
[framed_box width=”90%” bgColor=”#FCECFF” align=”center”]
This course introduces the “record series”, examines the factors that must be addressed when planning a records inventory, and provides practice in inventorying records. Upon completion students will be able to:
- Describe the objectives of a records inventory.
- Explain how data collected during an inventory can be used to develop (or expand) a
- records and information management program.
- Plan a records inventory.
- Identify, name and inventory a record series.
- Distinguish between “official” and “transitory” records.
The official course description is here, and includes links for online registration.