IM Program Implementation: Putting Theory into Practice
What is it?
Once you have developed (or fine-tuned) the tools for good IM practice, we will assist in rolling them out to your end users and client departments. Where needed, we will supply the supplementary resources and expertise needed to successfully launch your new or improved IM practices.
Who is it for?
Organizations that are establishing an IM Program or organizations who need additional resources to support the fine-tuning of an existing IM Program.
What results can I expect?
We will help you minimize risks and overcome the three biggest obstacles that prevent successful implementation of an IM program or of new/revised IM practices:
- Employee and/or senior management inertia;
- Insufficient resources to deliver promised outcomes; and
- Skill/expertise gaps on the implementation team.
- Project management services: Do you need someone “in the trenches” with you to manage an implementation from beginning to end? We can deliver results on time and within budget.
- Change management consulting: Having trouble winning over senior management, getting buy-in or securing compliance from employees? We can help by developing communication strategies and marketing materials.
- Employee training and mentoring: Do you need someone to develop employee training manuals, training sessions, or webinars to communicate new/revised IM policies and procedures, and instruct employees in their IM responsibilities? Does your staff need mentoring during implementation? We can help.
- Recruiting/staffing assistance: Do you need to hire IM staff? We are well connected with job-seekers and other IM professionals in the industry.
- Pinpoint consulting and assistance: Not sure how to overcome a specific problem or find the information you need to succeed? Our expertise is at your disposal.
- Temporary staffing: Do you need to do a physical inventory or quickly complete a shared drive clean-up? We will provide temporary staff to help you meet your deadlines.
Service At a Glance
We will help you overcome the obstacles threatening your successful IM implementation by providing project management services, change management consulting, recruiting/staffing assistance, and the expertise needed to get you through the rough spots successfully.
Key Terms: Project management, change management, training, mentoring, recruiting, staffing, advice, expertise, temporary staff
Case in Point: “Train the Trainer”
We were retained to develop three types of employee training (new employee orientation, employee training, and training for IM Work Group members) to communicate the new/revised policies and procedures developed during the first phase of the project and instruct City employees in their IM responsibilities.
In addition to delivering one session of each of the three types of training, we mentored three City employees to deliver the training using a ‘train the trainer’ approach.
By the end of the project, more than 75 employees had been trained and the City had developed internal capacity to deliver the training in the future.