On May 28 and 29, Susan Nickle, co-founder of Wortzman Nickle Professional Corporation (an e-discovery law firm), and I will co-chair The Canadian Institute’s Forum on Records Retention & Electronic Information Management.
The forum is designed to provide records and information management (RIM) professionals and in-house legal counsel with innovative risk management strategies to manage and enforce records retention policies. The sessions will help organizations to:
- Control Policy Enforcement
- Reduce Costs
- Improve Efficiency and Productivity
- Assimilate New Technologies
- Ensure Regulatory Compliance
- Minimize Litigation Risks
- Safeguard Vital Information
- Support Better Management Decision Making
- Preserve the Corporate Memory
- Foster Professionalism in Running Your Business
Speakers include well-known RIM professionals such as Marcia Douglas (Deloitte), Dominic Jaar (KPMG Canada), Bruce Miller (RIMTech), and Rick Sterling (WesternIM), as well as legal experts such as Susan Nickle (Wortzman Nickle Professional Corporation).
In addition to co-chairing duties, I will present on the topic “In-Depth Strategies to Mitigate the Risk of Your Records Retention Policy Being Terminated at the Implementation Stage” (May 28, 10:00 am). This session will provide:
- Essential guidance required at the policy drafting stage to accurately manage expectations and ensure execution
- Practical strategies to secure senior management support for retention policy compliance and to avoid costly compliance breaches
- Proven techniques to modify the implementation of your records retention policy in the face of large scale budget cuts
- Innovative tactics to keep implementation running smoothly across your organization when there is achange in management
Note: The early bird deadline for reduced registration fee ends on April 5, 2013. Mention my name when you register and you will receive an additional $200 discount.