Ergo is active in the Canadian information management community through delivering courses and presenting at conferences and other events. This page lists events in which Ergo will be participating.
- This event has passed.
Records Retention Scheduling — October 14, 2016 — Toronto
October 14, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
I will be presenting a one-day course on records retention scheduling in Toronto on October 14, 2016. The course will equip RIM practitioners with the training they need to create or update their organization’s retention schedule.
Below are the key learning objectives for the course.
- Describe the benefits of records retention schedules
- Appraise the value of records
- Track the status of a bill
- Identify when a statute/regulation comes into force
- Research records retention periods, recordkeeping requirements, and statute of limitation periods in Canadian law
- Develop (or update) a records retention schedule
- Secure retention schedule approval
A detailed course description is available here.
Click here to register. Course fees are $525 (public sector) or $600 (private sector).
Note: This course is part of the inaugural offering of the Ontario Connections Fall Workshop series. A discounted registration fee applies if you register for my course + the 2 day functional classification course on October 12th & 13th.