Ergo is active in the Canadian information management community through delivering courses and presenting at conferences and other events. This page lists events in which Ergo will be participating.
- This event has passed.
Records Retention Scheduling — ARMA NCR Chapter Spring Workshops — April 27, 2015
April 27, 2015
I will be delivering a full day workshop on retention scheduling in Ottawa for the ARMA NCR Chapter Spring Workshops on April 27, 2015. The agenda for the day will include:
A) An Introduction to Records Retention Scheduling
- Terminology: records, record series, retention period, active/semi-active/inactive phases of retention, disposition
- Benefits of records retention schedules
- Retention schedules for common/administrative records
B) Records Retention Schedule Development
- Identify record groups/series
- Appraise record value (operational, fiscal/audit, legal/ regulatory, and archival value) [record value exercise]
- Complete legal research
- Statutes and regulations [Internet demonstration]
- Bill types and bill status tracking [Internet demonstration]
- Legislated/regulatory records (retention) requirements
- Statute of limitation periods
- Evidence laws
- Research resources
- Secure retention period approval
- Prepare and publish the records retention schedule
Please see the full program details here for this session and others on April 27-28.