Ergo is active in the Canadian information management community through delivering courses and presenting at conferences and other events. This page lists events in which Ergo will be participating.
- This event has passed.
Information Governance and e-Discovery — October 2, 2013 — Ottawa
October 2, 2013 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$35 – $45
I will be participating in a multi-disciplinary panel at the upcoming Information Governance and e-Discovery Seminar hosted on October 2 in Ottawa by the AIIM First Canadian Chapter. I will provide the records management perspective while Susan Nickle and Chuck Rothman will provide the legal and technological perspectives, respectively. We will be addressing the following topics:
- Canadian requirements for the admissibility of electronic evidence
- e-Discovery primer and best practices: what records management and IT professionals need to know
- Information governance best practices to support e-discovery
- The activities completed at each stage in the e-discovery process (Electronic Discovery Reference Model, www.edrm.net)
- Canadian vs. US e-discovery practices
- How to ensure e-discovery remains cost effective through good information governance?
- Canadian case law: what are the courts saying about information governance?
- Litigation readiness: information governance as the foundation for e-discovery
- The team approach: multi-disciplinary approaches to information governance and e-discovery
- Emerging technologies for information governance and e-discovery
Hope to see you there! If you would like to register please go to this site. The cost is $35 for AIIM members and $45 for non-members.